It is actually positioned at Forest Gate which was originally called Hornby road east.
The church was founded in 1909 and the church opened in 1910. There were extensions in 1927. For the remainder of the church's life subsidence was a constant battle. A decision to demolish the church was taken in 2000. The new building was erected in 2003.The web address of the new church is here.
|Taken in February 2012 - An MG Midget just appeared!|
A link to the past perhaps.
|Taken on the same day. This gatepost is all that appears to be left on the |
site from the original church buildings. Slightly shoddy but a really nicely crafted piece.
|Taken in May 1972|
This is one of a collection of wedding photographs.
The photographer was Phil Bolton - the photographer at the wedding, friend and fellow student.
The copyright is all his!
|The chimes - |
There is about as much imagination put in the names as there is in the design!
|The new church building - not bad at all!|
|The long shot from across Whitegate drive.|
The road on the left, Forest gate goes and skirts the northern end of Stanley Park and will eventually end at Victoria Hospital.
The right hand fork, Mere Road goes straight to the main gates at Stanley Park